1. DO have an open mind: K-pop, especially to foreigners, may come off a little strange. But that goes the same way for Koreans, who do not understand English at all, watching Lady Gaga perform. The nature of K-pop is flashy, radical, and knows no boundaries. If you are known to be conservative and have 2 dimensional way of looking at things, then you might want to stay away from K-pop.
2. DO look up translation for lyrics: This is a must for all K-pop listeners who are not familiar with the Korean language! In order to be fully appreciate and connect with the music, it is essential to know what the singer is talking about. The beats of the song and the actual meaning behind may be completely different making music that much more interesting and unique.
3. DO try to learn the dance: Korean idols and entertainers take a lot of time creating the choreography for their music so that it is not only fitting with the song but that they are catchy and fun to learn as well. Another reason why the “new” trend is to make choreography-based MVs so that it is easier to learn! Learning the choreography to the song will make listening to K-pop a lot of more enjoyable.
4. DO listen to the whole album: Yes, the promoted songs are promoted for a reason. But there are so many underrated tracks that do go unnoticed that are definitely title-track worthy! You may find a hidden gem in the album that you might enjoy more than that "hit" song.
5. DO go on allkpop.com for constant updates: Well this one… is obvious :D